[Skip to content]

Search our Site
HRCH logo

How to make a complaint about our services

If you have concerns or are unhappy about any of our services, you have the right to complain and to have your complaint investigated.

Making a complaint will not adversely affect your current or future treatment, or that of your relative or someone you care for.

How do I make a complaint?

If your complaint relates to services provided by Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust, please talk to a member of staff in the clinic, ward or department where the problem arose. They will do their best to deal with your complaint and where possible, put things right in an informal manner.

Alternatively you can contact the Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) on 0800 953 0363 or by emailing pals.hrch@nhs.net.  The PALS service is not part of the informal complaints procedure, but they may be able to deal with your concerns informally or tell you more about the formal complaint procedure and independent complaints advocacy services.

Formal complaints about Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust services can be made via email, fax, letter or comment card, and can also be made verbally. Once your complaint has been received you will be contacted by a member of the complaints team to discuss and agree with you the best way to handle your complaint. An acknowledgement letter will then be sent to you within three working days outlining how you will be responded to and the timescales involved. Your complaint will be investigated thoroughly and in confidence, and in the event the investigation is likely to take longer than anticipated you will be contacted at the earliest opportunity to agree a suitable extension. Information arising from the investigation of your complaint will be used to help identify areas of improvement in Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust services.

NHS complaints advocacy service for residents of Hounslow and Richmond

It can be helpful to get in touch with an independent service for guidance about your complaint.

The boroughs of Hounslow and Richmond have commissioned a provider called VoiceAbility  to offer an NHS complaints advocacy service to residents of both boroughs. 

VoiceAbility offers support and guidance when making a complaint about NHS treatment and care. This service can offer support in drafting letters of complaint, or by attending meetings with you. The local ICAS office can be contacted on 0300 330 5454, by emailing nhscomplaints@voiceability.org or by visiting www.voiceability.org

If you are not happy with the response to your complaint, you can ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to undertake an independent review of your case. There will be information about this in the formal response you receive. You can contact the Ombudsman via their helpline 0345 015 4033, by email phso.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk or by writing to the Ombudsman at Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP. Further information is also available at www.ombudsman.org.uk

Complaint service – contact details

Complaints can be made directly to the Patient Experience and Involvement Manager, on 0208 973 3100. Alternatively you can speak with a member of the Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) on freephone 0800 953 0363 or by emailing pals.hrch@nhs.net.

For further information regarding Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust complaints service, please read our Complaints leaflet which can be downloaded below.