Our Adult Chronic Pain Management Service provides assessment, treatment and management advice for clients presenting with a wide range of chronic musculoskeletal pain conditions including:
- Chronic back pain
- Arthritic pain
- Degenerative conditions
- Chronic Widespread Bodily Pain (fibromyalgia)
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Persistent pain following surgery or medical treatments.
Once referred, you will be assessed in a multidisciplinary assessment by a fully qualified and registered Physiotherapist and Psychologist. Together with your multidisciplinary team, you will then decide on the most appropriate management, which may include:
- A ‘Pain Management Program’, exploring ways to best manage your pain
- Decreasing the impact of pain
- Improving function
- Improving mood and how much the pain bothers you
- Appropriate exercise and fitness maintenance
- Returning to valued hobbies and activities
- Gaining control of your life, rather than pain controlling you!
We also offer long-term follow-up and support for people who have undergone treatment with the Chronic Pain Service. Our services are conducted from the Therapy Centre/O-Block, which is based on the West Middlesex University Hospital site.