Work experience is an excellent opportunity to gain ‘real life’ experience of working in the NHS and it’s an important part of making the right career choices. We facilitate work experience across our services.
As well as supporting students, we actively encourage work experience for adults returning to work and the long-term unemployed. We will give you a certificate on competition of your placement which can be used as part of an application for paid work.
How to apply
- Complete the work experience application form
- We will let you know when we have received your application
- We will look for an appropriate placement that meets your availability
- You may be asked to an interview to discuss expectations, confidentiality etc
- If successful, we will contact you to arrange your placement and request any extra information
Types of work you might do
Students aged 14 to 16 years old will be restricted to placements within administrative areas only.
You will be expected to follow our polices and procedures about confidentiality and infection control at all times.