According to the annual staff survey for NHS staff, HRCH has ranked in the top ten community/ambulance/specialist trusts nationally for staff recommending us as a place to work.
The report shows that:
- 67% of our staff would recommend HRCH as place to work (against an average of 66% among other community trusts)
- 77% would be happy with the standard of care provided if a friend or relative needed treatment (against an average of 75% among other community trusts)
- 85% of staff agree that care of patients / service users is HRCH’s top priority (against an average of 81% among other community trusts)
Jo Farrar, Chief Executive of Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, said: “I’m really grateful to our staff for engaging with the annual NHS staff survey. It has been another challenging year, but I am pleased that the results of the survey reflect the fact that our staff recommend Kingston Hospital as a place to work and agree that patient care is our top priority.
“Some areas for improvement have been identified and based on insight from previous staff surveys, we have strengthened our health and wellbeing support to staff over the past year, and will continue to give this our full focus. Staff satisfaction and making sure that this is a great place to work will continue as a key priority for the Trust’s leadership team.
“I am really proud of our staff and am committed to doing all I can to create the best possible working environment, and to continue providing the best possible patient care.”
- You can view the full benchmark report here, and access other resources on the NHS Staff Survey website here.
- 56% of staff at the Trust returned this year’s survey, compared to an average response rate of 57% in similar organisations.