The Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) is expanding across all London boroughs from 29 August 2023 to help clear London’s air and improve health. The Trust is within the expanded Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ).
This means if your vehicle does not meet the ULEZ emissions standards, you will need to pay a daily charge to drive within the ULEZ. You can find out more, including whether your vehicle meets ULEZ standards, on the TfL website.
Reimbursement of ULEZ charge
As an NHS patient, you may be able to claim a reimbursement for the ULEZ charge if you are clinically assessed as unable to travel to and from an appointment on public transport and:
- Have a compromised immune system, or
- Require regular therapy or assessments, or
- Need regular surgical intervention.
If you believe that you meet the above criteria, mention this at the reception desk when you book in for your appointment. If you use an automated check in for your appointment, please mention it to the clinician at the start of your appointment.
They will then carry out your assessment, using our ULEZ patient claim form. Printed copies of this form will be available for you at the hospital.
In most cases you will only be assessed once, although if you have a change in circumstances, this may be reviewed. This process also applies to blue badge holders.
You can read more about ULEZ expansion support for disabled people, on the TfL website.
How to claim
- Patients are responsible for paying their ULEZ charge
- At this time the Trust is only able to refund payments that have been made through the TfL Auto Pay account (if you are unable to pay through TfL Auto Pay, please let us know during your assessment)
- The Trust will request the refund for you and the money will then be credited to you via the Auto Pay system (it is free to set up an Auto Pay account at tfl.gov.uk/auto-pay)
- You can claim back the charge for up to three months after the date of your appointment
Please note, NHS patients cannot claim for Congestion Charge or Ultra Low Emission Zone fines (Penalty Charge Notices).